Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mark Zuckerberg: Person of the year, Positivity, and Lessons Learned!



Does anyone know what happened February 4, 2004? A random Harvard undergrad decided to create one of the most influential and world renown online social networks ever to exist from day one of the creation of the internet......FACEBOOK. This man I speak of is 26 year old multi BILLIONAIRE Mark Zuckerberg.

In a recent addition of
Time Magazine, Mr. Zuckerberg was named "Person of the year" for his outstanding success at creating a better way for people to communicate and advertise. I find it incredible that a random nobody out of nowhere become an incredible somebody with such amazing influence. The point of me talking about him today is because I think it's time that we all start to focus on what our potential is. Often times we get caught up in what we are not good at...what we can't do because of some personal weakness...or all the things we dislike about ourselves. Success has no bounds for anyone who puts forth an effort...so.....will you? ?


What do I need to be happy?


We all only have 100 years to live if we are lucky enough to live a full and healthy life. So what really matters? Is it the fast car? The amount of money in your bank? The number of business you own or your influence in the community? I say NO! One can't simply be happy by having all of these things...for true happiness lies within. I know I like business and I know I like the idea of having millions and millions of dollars and such...but ultimately it is not my number one reason for doing anything in life. I realize that money is just paper and can be gone in an instant so I've come to realize that friendships and acquiring a purpose are good reasons to be happy. One of my good friends introduced me to an incredible band called, "Animal Collective". They sing a song called "My girls". The main singer is talking about his daughter and his wife and how he doesn't need all of those material possessions of the world. I like this because this band has a pretty big following and lots of success all over the world...yet he wants to live humbly with his family. This is what I want as well I've realized. I want to be financially stable with my businesses and investments...yet live humbly as well. I'm putting a link to the song I was telling you about. Go listen to it here and enjoy!

Two Guys and a Mower- Update
_______________________
We went ahead and purchased 5,000 high gloss post card fliers with full front and back color for the business. I am so excited to hand them out to everyone and see what kind of reaction we get out of these! I will try to get you a picture of the flier the next time I post!

Other then that all we need to be a fully operational business is to by a landscaping trailer and one more commercial mower. Back up pieces of equipment are very important!


Stock Market- Update
________________
I'm going to two things here....one...I lost a lot of money this week.....and two....it doesn't scare me. :) I will post a new update when I transition myself out of the mess I'm currently in!




Thanks for reading! I hope you like the efforts I'm putting toward this blog. Email me if you have different ideas!


pestmarketing@gmail.com



P.S. I will not be posting again until after the 5th of January! I will be on vacation. Have a great holiday! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment